The European Space Agency (herein the “Agency” or “ESA”) is an intergovernmental organisation established by its Convention opened for signature in Paris on 30 May 1975 having its headquarters located at 24 rue du Général Bertrand, CS 30798, 75345 Paris Cedex 07, France. Protection of Personal Data is of great importance for ESA, therefore this Cookie Notice aims to ensure lawfulness and transparency by providing information about cookies and similar technologies used on the ESA WorldCover 2021 website https://worldcover2021.esa.int/
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that a website may save on your device, for instance, a mobile device or computer, upon your visit to the website. Cookies may allow a website to recognise an individual’s device and store some information about the user.
Different types of cookies
A cookie can be classified according to its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or;
- persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time;
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- first-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain;
Which cookies do we use?
Strictly Necessary cookies: these cookies are strictly necessary for the website to provide the services that you requested and/or for the solely purpose of the transmission of the services and/or the website. Without these cookies you would not be able to access the services or the website and therefore this category cannot be disabled.
|Source||First Party or Third Party cookie?||Cookie Name||Session or Persistent cookie?||Type of personal data collected||Purpose||Expires|
|https://worldcover2021.esa.int||First party||cookieconsent_status||persistent||consent||cookies consent||12 months|
|https://worldcover2021.esa.int||First party||esa_worldcover_2021_session||session||authentication||login status||Session ends|
|https://worldcover2021.esa.int||First party||XSRF-TOKEN||session||request token||CSRF Protection||Session ends|
|https://worldcover2021.esa.int||First party||_pk_id||persistent||Random unique visitor ID||used to store a few details about the user such as the unique visitor ID||13 months|
|https://worldcover2021.esa.int||First party||_pk_ses||session||short lived cookies used to temporarily store data for the visit||30 minutes|
How could you withdraw your consent and delete the cookies?
- Cookies Preferences: You can withdraw your consent for each category of cookies (excluding strictly necessary or essential cookies) at any time. Selectyour preferences in the option: “Cookie Preference”. By revoking your consent, the cookies will be deleted.
- Using Your Browser: all the cookies used on our website can be disabled by means of your browser. To disable cookies by means of your browser (generally, the “Help,” “Tools” or “Edit” menus in your browser).
Changes to our Cookies Notice
All future changes made to our Cookie Notice will be posted on this website.